ANIMAL HEALTH & REGULATORY SECTION
“To provide expert animal healthcare and treatment, ensure wholesome meat & meat products fit for human consumption, develop import risk analysis for all animal cases as well as certification for exports”
- Carryout animal disease surveillance and control
- Provide veterinary care for sick or injured animals
- Assist in farm advisory & training with focus on disease management.
- Oversee regulatory functions through issuance of certificates for importation/exportation of live animal & export permits for meat & meat production
- Liaise with the Quarantine Division on animal quarantine matters
- Perform diagnostic tests when required at the Division laboratory.
- Monitor & ensure hygiene standards in butcher shops
- Collect data on slaughtered carcasses and/or processed meat from meat every meat outlet.
- Demonstrate to train farmers on proper slaughtering practices & hygienic handling of carcasses.